0

0

26 September, 2011

dance magic dance.

 

every parent of a daughter waits for this moment, the day their little girl becomes a tiny dancer.
and
we were no different.

greta started ballet the first week in september.

its a really low key ballet school that we put her in, but its so perfect. greta's physical therapists have highly recommended doing ballet with gaga because of the technique and because greta needs so much strengthening in her feet. i grew up watching my sisters do ballet, so it has a soft spot in my heart already.  (just ask me to do any part from utah regional ballet's production of the nutcracker, you will be amazed... to say the least.) to say that greta loves ballet would be a understatement... she adores it. its all she wants to do, she sings about ballet in her bed, she tells anyone we see about it, and she
leaps and twirls all over the house. 

older brother boredom.
 it's hard for me to watch sometimes because with her low town/coordination she can't do all the things the other girls can... but she thinks she can and that is all that really matters. plus, with her extreme flexibility shes bound to find her niche. i've spoken to greta's teacher about her "condition" and she simply nodded, smiled, and treats greta the exact same as everyone else. it's perfect!

 my own tiny dancer, and tiny she is.


xo, my angel girl.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-MAZINGLY ADORABLE!!! XOXO

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

I had kind of blocked ballet out of my mind since my mom forgot to pack my tights and I had to go to Denna's class in just my leo, but now-I think I must get Macie her own let warmers asap. SO CUTE. I love how she owns the joint already

Meridith said...

Ha. We play name-that-dance from the Nutcracker every year around Christmas. She's adorable!