0

0

04 January, 2009

some things about jude....

okay, so at least 60% of the day i want to send him back. i love him, but he is killing me. terrible 2's? more like terrifying 3's. however, i would like to remember some things about him at this "stage", and i say "stage" because it better be.

- whenever jude feels upset, hurt, threatened, sad, or just plain "bratty" he busts out his now trademark phrase "GO TO WORK!". it was funny the first 9876 times but now its plain mean.

-"hells yeah" , it used to be our favorite word. i changed my vocabulary a bit and sternly told jude that we don't say "hells yeah" but every once in a while it slips out. kind of funny.

-jude has learned that he can now put trevan and i against each other. good cop/bad cop is real, and it happens at our house. we are still trying to figure that one out.

-jude lives by three words.... binki, juice, silk. don't go anywhere without them. its the trifecta.

-he still has a damn binki (pardon the cursing but, it is a damn binki). i passed the point of no return and i don't know how to take it away now. he's too smart. i've tried cutting it, mailing it, you name it but he loves it. maybe his wife will take it away for him, that is if she can get over his MASSIVE overbite because of it. i have dug my own grave here. i am bound and determined however to figure this one out and come out in control......maybe.

-i will miss the day that i don't have a trail of toys wherever i go. i loves loves loves that he still adores me.

-jude would prefer not to be a mormon. church is not among his favorite things and you can just forget about nursery. that place might as well be auschwitz. maybe its a good thing he is in primary now. (i have a kid in primary, craziness)

-i am pretty sure that his temper tantrums are ones to be reckoned with. i often times find myself more in awe than being upset. i mean really? they are quite impressive.

-another key phrase in our daily lives would have to be "whats your problem here?". where he even got that one i don't even know. its kind of hilarious.

-jude's love for greta is sometimes almost too much (hence the broken arm). he is the bestest big brother and loves her. greta thinks the sun rises and sets with jude. they are my dynamic duo. jude also, loves to be hugged with her and to say "two babies!". he is adorable.

-i think that jude really wants to be a biter but knows better. instead of biting he just loosely puts his mouth on you and shakes really bad. like, he wants to take a big chunk out of but is holding back shaking. i am just glad he can control himself.

all and all my judakins is a sweetheart. i LOVE him. writing these things down makes me love him ever more. i am sure that tomorrow we will be looking for reasons not to kill him but he is still our favorite and our best.

i love you jude malcolm.

xoxo,
-mommie



5 comments:

Eileen said...

K, I love the things you write - humorous, honest and oh so sweet all rolled into one. You are a terrific mom. Love, E

Pam said...

Oh my...we do love our Judakins! Hang in there, honey...the ride only gets better from here! XOXOXO

Laura Stringham said...

oh, good times. good thing he's so cute. I think the oldest will always be the hardest, they are the ones who get to show you exactly how much patience you lack, exactly how bad your language is and where all your weaknesses are as a parent. I'm sure we'll love them for giving us motivation to be better people one day, just not today.

Anonymous said...

Kennan this sounds painfully familiar! Would this be a good time for me to confess that when Thomas (my 2nd)was probably Jude's age, we joked that maybe we could send him outside with a fifty dollar bill and see if someone would take him...then we decided they'd just take the fifty and run! Honestly! Well, he's 20 now and a fine man. Hang on for the wild ride!
Oh, and the binki? Another confession (and to think that I nannied YOU! does this frighten you?!?!?) I finally took my youngest in for some therapy when she was still sucking her thumb in Kindergarten...the result, let her decide when it's time or she'll replace it with something I'll like a lot less that a thumb sucker! She was seven before she was ready and then it was a breeze. Did I mention hang on?
I love you!

Unknown said...

no orries abou the binki! I used to worry about waht people were tihnking about me becasue Zach and Rachel were well over 3 before they even CONSIDERED giving it up!
He will decide one day to give it up. My pediatrician said the more I nag at them about sucking on it, the more they want to hold on tight to it!
I will call you tonight to see when you want to play!