0

0

09 March, 2012

flashback friday.

 the 2nd family.

i come from a family of 6 kids... 2 boys 4 girls. all of my siblings are around 18-24 months apart, with the exception of me. robyn is 4 years older than me and brooke is 4 years younger than me (this makes me think of 2 senarios: 1. i needed my space or 2. i was a lot to handle) . having 6 kids makes a middle child seem impossible but with those spaces between kids a middle child becomes possible, me. with that age difference between kids there became 2 families within 1 family. i was in the 2nd family. i always danced to the beat of my own drum but i think it was because i was too young to be one of the older kids and too old to be one of the babies (brooke and paige are only 16 months apart... both unplanned pregnancies FYI) making me kind of a loner growing up when it came to siblings but you can be sure by the time brooke was old enough to know better, i taught her that i was her best friend.

there were perks to being in both families. the first family got the fresh parenting, they rode my dad's gravy train through the 90's, they had the dad who coached sports, and really nice cars. the second family got the relaxed parenting,  breakfast in bed, a mom who had more time on her hands (more so with brooke and paige), and most importantly our own christmas cards.


you'd have to ask the rest of my siblings but as far as i am concerned either family i was in, i was born into the right one. i LOVE having 5 siblings and 15 niece and nephews.



p.s. i do have some real life stuff to blog about... some fun, some not so fun. i just don't have the energy today.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to believe that I, too, was part of that second family. I am sure I spent my fair share of time at the WIlliams' residence.

Unknown said...

Second family enjoyed the better parenting. However, I remember the outrage that the whole family wasn't in the christmas photo. Oops.